[unrev-II] DKR and Collaboration

From: rowelch@attglobal.net
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 06:16:20 PST

From: rowelch@attglobal.net

Bernie,

I think you are asking about collaboration in relation to Doug's ideas
on augmenting capabilities, which he presents within a technological
framework of a Dynamic Knowledge Repsoitory (DKR) that includes an Open
Hyperdocument System (OHS). I call this environment taken together
Knowledge Space. This capability requires developing useful content,
which, in turn, requires the ability to conduct a productive meeting.
My take on your work is that you facilitate this latter function, which,
of course is aided by timely, accurate knowledge, also called
"history." These dynamics indicate synergy between DKR and
Technography, in that each supports the other in augmenting
collaboration capabilities, as set out in analysis on January 22,
reviewing your letter and other Colloquium commentary...

http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/00/01/20/080146.HTM#1640

A similar point was made in a report published by the U.S. Army Corps of
Engineers on March 28, 1996....

http://www.welchco.com/04/00065/60/97/03/2801.HTM#5733

Doug's goal for an OHS to enhance collaboration is demonstrated by the
above links.

Hope this helps.

Rod