[unrev-II] Adam Cheyer's Proposal

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 16:20:18 PST

From: Eric Armstrong <eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com>

1. It's brilliant. It is perfectly targeted so as to be
    "small enough to be achievable" yet "large enough to
     be (very, very) interesting".

2. We need an email version of his final slide.
    The part I got down was
        Goal: Email, Web, Augment, Source Code

    There were several other interesting points on that
    slide, each of which will be focus for a lot more
    discussion.

3. Keeping source code in an XML repository stands
    to provide a great many benefits. I posted a summary
    of those benefits at:
http://www.sourcexchange.com/devel/WishOwnerMaint?wishID=115

   After a bit of prodding by Warner Ornstine, I also set up
   an open source effort at sourceforge.com. However, it
   has proven remarkably difficult to do the necessary
   administrative tasks.

4. As a result, I am *very* much looking forward to subsuming
    that effort under Adam's proposal, and doing it in under the
    Apache umbrella. Which leads me to ask: Who's action
    item is that? Is someone planning to investigate that avenue?

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds. Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
Intro APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW.