Re: [unrev-II] A 'time enabled' hypertext system...

From: Eugene Kim (eekim@eekim.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 23:43:56 PST

From: Eugene Kim <eekim@eekim.com>

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Jon Winters wrote:

> With this in mind we might want to consider moving to a "write once"
> system of data storage. Every time you save a document a new
> time-stamped copy is saved. Time is used to organize the life of the
> document. Like us, the document evolves over time.

You may be interested in checking out David Gelertner's company, Mirror
Worlds Technologies (http://www.mirrorworlds.com/).

> The same thing is happening on the web. Its a great medium with so much
> promise. Unfortunately it is in a constant state of change and few are
> worried about preserving an archive for future generations. (how many of
> you saved the first web page you ever made, just the way it was the day
> you made it?)

Brewster Kahle's company, Internet Archives, is dealing with this:

   http://www.archive.org/

-Eugene

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds. Get rates as low as 0.0 percent Intro APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW. <a href=" http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/NextcardCreativeCL ">Click Here</a>