Re: [unrev-II] IP Issues & Licensing of OHS/DKR -- a Primer

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 14:25:06 PST

From: Eric Armstrong <eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com>

Important mail. It's going to take a while to digest.
One part caught my on the initial scan, though:

Paul Fernhout wrote:

> Basically, to use something contributed to the colloquium, in the
> absence of any other license, you need permission from either the
> contributor, Stanford, or the Bootstrap Institute. While this state of
> affairs is probably adequate for the durection of the colloquium,
> clearly it is too one-sided to persist for the long term. If major
> contributions are to be made to the OHS/DKR, then they will need to be
> made under a license that gives a much wider audience some sort of
> permission to use the contributions and redistribute them.

Couldn't agree me.
Glad you spotted that.

Any chance of boiling it all down to a set of recommendations,
and keeping the original for background?
(He asked, with eyes crossed...)

Want To Be Showered With Kisses?
Visit eGroups Valentine Gift Guide