Re: [unrev-II] Re: Note on DKR editing

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 11:27:53 PST

From: Eric Armstrong <eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com>

Henry van Eyken wrote:

> At this point I ought to distinguish between (a) the objective editing
> (including updating) of DKR documents by knowledge-management editors
> in charge and (b) a contributor's personal wishes to make corrections,
> Would (should) DKR management allow for the distinction? Are feelings
> respected?

Yes, I think we can make that distinction. I suspect that we have to,
for the sake of sanity.

I scratched up a few notes for a functional spec last night. I need to
write them up and post them. It will have to wait, though -- too pressed
for time today.

The good news is that we can make the distinctions we need. The bad news
is that I don't see any way to do what we need with existing tools.
Maybe
a Netscape plug in could do part of the work, but I'm not sure.

Unique Valentine gifts, available now at eGroups.