[unrev-II] Re: Implicit hyperlinks

From: vaneyken@sympatico.ca
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 09:49:16 PST

From: vaneyken@sympatico.ca

I responded with the following clarification to a private inquiry,
but it seems best to restate it on the forum so as to be explicit
about "implicit":

With "implicit hyperlinks" I meant to contrast them with "explicit
hyperlinks," those that are immediately observable by underlinings.
The implicit ones would not be underlined, but it is implicitly
understood that specialized terms and abbreviations are hyperlinked
to a glossary. The called-for definitions might come up in something
like those little yellow "help" boxes found with softwares.

The technique would save users' time and lessen distractions, and,
thereby, remove a source of errors -- errors due to distractions.

H.

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds. Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
Intro APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW.