Re: [unrev-II] Online University

From: Henry van Eyken (vaneyken@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 03:00:34 PST

    Fundamentally, I think you are very much in the right here, Gil. But
    geniuses can provide the hooks for catching attention. The words "role
    models" come to mind.

    I understand from the Washington Post article that lecturing is merely
    intended as the Online University's starting point. Somewhere along the
    line, mentors are needed to rub students' noses real hard in the
    intellectual dirt, and to balance out that agony by making sure that
    students get a sense of exhilarating accomplishment as well.

    I imagine something like our Colloquium with shared screenboards and
    cameras for good measure ..

    Henry

    Henry