Re: [unrev-II] Evaluation of Python

From: Jeff Miller (jeffm@dynamite.com.au)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 18:07:02 PST

    From: Jeff Miller <jeffm@dynamite.com.au>

    On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 02:47:37PM -0800, Eric Armstrong wrote:
    > From: Eric Armstrong <eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com>
    >
    > I ran through about half the Python tutorial yesterday.
    > I see some great things about the language, but also
    > some major weaknesses. The features, with pluses (+)
    > and minuses (-) are noted below.

    I like to throw another lanuage at you while your reviewing them. Have you
    taken a look at ruby (www.ruby-lang.org). In heard it descripted as a
    better perl with oo, garbage collection and dynamic loading. While it
    may not be the suited to the project at hand. I'd be interested to hear
    people's opinon of it?

    Jeff.

    MAXIMIZE YOUR CARD, MINIMIZE YOUR RATE!
    Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as
    Apply NOW!