Re: [unrev-II] Digest Number 75

From: John J. Deneen (JJDeneen@ricochet.net)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 11:11:37 PST

    From: "John J. Deneen" <JJDeneen@ricochet.net>

    On Oct. 20-21, 1999, at the 2nd IEEE & ACM International Workshop on Augmented
    Reality '99, I met Bruce and Susie Howard who have developed "Lightgloves" for a
    virtual keyboard.

    The virtual keyboard is created by an IR grid by using a set of 5 LEDs and
    fiber-optics strands for each hand to track the movement of fingers/thumbs mapped
    to each key. Signals from these lightgloves are then coupled to a set wireless
    radios strapped to each wrist for sending to a remote base station connected to a
    computer. I put Neil Scott of the Archimedes Project at Stanford in contact with
    them, but have not been informed of its status for commercialization.

    Below is contact info from my files:

    Lightglove, R. Bruce Howard, President, Harmonic Research
    5208 Sudley Rd.
    Manassas, VA 20109
    703-754-3032 Tele/Fax
    bhoward@harmonics.net