Re: [unrev-II] Reduction by Summarizing

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 17:01:59 PDT

    The scenarios I have in mind here are FAQ-style summaries of email
    archives. Take the unrev list as an example. You've asked for a
    scenario, and this (recursive) example is one. This exchange
    could be summarized by adding the scenario to the use-case "document".

    The new version (use case + example scenario) then replaces the
    original version (which had the use case only). The original exchange
    is still accessible via links, but no longer appears as an integral
    part of the "document".

    Rod Welch wrote:

    > Can you provide a scenario that illustrates this use case. How would
    > this apply to writing a letter, a memo, writing computer code, issuing
    > a ruling in a lawsuit, fixing a car, baking a cake, building an oil
    > tanker, so on. Spell out a bit what you have in mind by a node, and a
    > set of nodes???
    >
    > Rod
    >
    > Eric Armstrong wrote:
    >
    > > A set of nodes is "replaced" by a summary
    > > of them. The summary contains links to the
    > > node hierarchies that have been summarized.
    > >
    > > Shortcut URL to this page:
    > > http://www.onelist.com/community/unrev-II

    1.6 Million Digital Images!
    Download one Today from Corbis.com