Re: [unrev-II] Synthesis

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 17:09:59 PDT

    Rod Welch wrote:

    > For example how can we improve the scenario reported at a professional
    > event on 940612 concerning a $500M problem from constructing a new oil
    > tanker...
    >
    > http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/94/06/11/083850.HTM#L171404
    >
    > Can gIBIS or some other method help a wide range of people working
    > toward common goals, but often with conflicting interests, do a better
    > job of achieving win-win results? The TQM and Deming people have been
    > wrestling with this for a long time. Can the DKR help?

    I'm afraid you'll find me totally opposed to gIBIS. Graphic systems
    look fine in demos, but become completely unusuable when the number
    of threads become large.

    I've got to look the link you gave, but in general the issue of
    "ironing out the problems that occur when building a supertanker"
    is a great scenario for the kinds of problems we expect our
    tool to help people solve.

    1.6 Million Digital Images!
    Download one Today from Corbis.com