[unrev-II] Re: GOOD: Traction, by Twisted Systems

From: John \ (johnwerneken@netzero.net)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 05:16:44 PDT

    Concur with your comments about possible reasons/excuses for
    single-browser-oriented software.

    I have always thought that there was too much ideology in the standards
    wars. It may matter to Gates whether he or a consortium sets a "standard";
    I'm not sure that it does matter in the long run for the rest of us. So long
    as the market is larger than the "standard" setter or would-be standard
    setter, I think we'll see a balance of feature evolution and standard
    setting, with worthless features being passed up, useful features remaining,
    and a great tendency for any category of software to come to center on
    standard features and functionality, whether the "standards" are set by the
    first firm to market or the biggest firm or a consortium body.

    Avoid the lines and visit avis.com for quick and easy online
    reservations. Enjoy a compact car nationwide for only $29 a day!
    Click here for more details.