Re: [unrev-II] XML at IBM...

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 15:43:31 PDT

    Great article. I especially liked the News DTD:

    News DTD
       The news vocabulary is used to describe a news article. For each
    article, we use a simple set of tags that describe both the content and
    information about the content. The tags in the <Head> section are used
    to summarize and categorize the document, while the <Body> section
    contains the text of the article itself. The <Xlink> tag uses the
    emerging XLink standard to refer to related articles. Our implementation
    is based on a subset of the current draft of the XLink standard.

       To keep things simple, the text tags in the <Body> section are very
    limited. There are no list tags (such as <ol> and <ul>) or formatting
    set also makes it easy to manage the stylesheets that convert this
    markup into HTML. The DTD has this structure:

       Figure 2. Structure of the news DTD (attached)

    The DTD is a little limited, but a potentially useful starting point.
    Your high school sweetheart-where is he now? With 4.4 million alumni
    already registered at Classmates.com, there's a good chance you'll
    find her here. Visit your online high school class reunion at: