Re: [unrev-II] XML at IBM...

From: altintdev@webtv.net
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 15:10:42 PDT

    Eric,

    Please notice that this structure uses
    the same information item (atomic element) definition we have been
    discussing.

    The fundamental information item is:

    <DKRid attr1='string"...>content</DKRid>

    where DKRid is something the DKR assigns to the item; there can be any
    number of attribute-value pairs to describe evolution and properties of
    the content; and content can be text or an information item. If there
    is no content, then the item is:

    <DTDid attr1='string' ... />

    This should look familiar as it is the fundamental XML definition. Open
    source XML processors can parse and transform this syntax to any desired
    presentation. The DOM model, working inside the DKR gives us access to
    attributes and content. Any special access or features we need that are
    not open source can be built by custom C++, ECMAScript, Java, Perl,
    Python, or whatever to get us going.

    Best Regards,
    Joe

    Now the best and coolest websites come right to you based on your
    unique interests. eTour.com is surfing without searching.
    And, it's FREE!