Re: [unrev-II] Data Structure doc available

From: altintdev@webtv.net
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 09:04:44 PDT

    Hello Eric,
    Thanks for showing this and effectively opening the topic for discussion
    I hope will follow. At first reading, my main opinion is that features
    and capabilities of XML and associated tools are not implemented fully
    in this structure, with no hint of extending these capabilities to
    provide necessary DKR and OHS functions. In less than specific detail,
    the idea of using the element type for structural organization is
    overused, use of attributes to define important characteristics of an
    item is practically nill and needs expansion, the capabilities of DTD
    and XML schema is way underused, and the ideas of separating content and
    style using tools like CSS and XSL must be developed much further.

    Great work, and it does give us a strong basis to work from.

    Thank You and Best Regards,
    Joe

    Alternative Interface Devices.
    Improve Accessibility and Utility of the WWW...