Re: [unrev-II] Breaking the Vicious Economic Cycle

From: Jack Park (jackpark@verticalnet.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 15:24:39 PDT

    From: Eric Armstrong <eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com>
    <snippage/>
    > If that idea gathers steam, the result over time would be
    > a stiff left jab to the economic forces that produce
    > ever-lengthening work weeks. It might also turn out
    > horribly, given the unpredicable, surprising reactions
    > that result from complex systems.

    Dee Hock, at http://www.chaordic.org/chaordic/res_kpmg.html
    had this to say about that:
    "...Everything has both intended and unintended consequences. The intended
    consequences may or may not happen; the unintended consequences always do."

    He also had this to say:
    "...it is no failure to fall short of realizing all that we might dream; the
    failure is to fall short of dreaming all that we might realize."

    Dream on, friend...
    Jack

    SALESFORCE.COM MAKES SOFTWARE OBSOLETE
    Secure, online sales force automation with 5 users FREE for 1 year!