[unrev-II] Abyss of yeabut

From: Rod Welch (rowelch@attglobal.net)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 19:40:56 PST

    We seem to be falling into the abyss of "yeabut," in South Florida, that plagues
    our Israel and Palestinian friends, and in Northern Ireland. Both parties each
    have an endless store of grievances and theories for their side to prevail.

    Doug Engelbart has spoken clearly that, when we change the scale of a system,
    unanticipated difficulties arise.

    Now we are quickly spiraling down into finer and finer micro management of the
    election process, and discovering again that civilization rests on a delicate
    social compact. My feeling is that Bush and Gore should hold a joint press
    conference, or at least coordinate a joint statement, speaking directly to the
    nation and above the handlers, telling their supporters to calm down, allow the
    vote count to proceed, and mutually pledge to support the other regardless of
    who comes out on top.

    Maybe we need Kissinger or Hollbrook to negotiate a recount process to satisfy
    the warring parties. Seems like if we are going to recount by hand, then by all
    means let us recount together until we drop.

    Rod

    eGroups eLerts