[unrev-II] To UnRev-II friends, from D.C.

From: Doug Engelbart - Bootstrap Institute (doug@bootstrap.org)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 15:35:00 PST

    Message
    Here's the announcement:
    <http://www.interact.nsf.gov/cise/conferences.nsf/Pages/DF13365846765A5D852569A
    70060AA95>

    I intend to give general picture of Bootstrapping, and basic overview of
    OHS/HyperScope -- as in <http://www.bootstrap.org/a2h/BI/2120.html>

    .And then put special emphases on Branch 4,
    <http://www.bootstrap.org/a2h/BI/2120.html#4> and on High-Performance Support
    Teams doing the "Integration" part of CoDIAK relative to the dynamic updating
    of the Knowledge Products in an org's DKR.

    And please let me know if there are some special things to point the audience
    at about advanced knowledge concepts -- such as concept mapping, ontological
    wizardry, etc. -- Ithat you guys could recommend for endowing a team with
    special capabilities in analyzing the records and providing clearest and most
    accurate summaries.

    Note for Eugene: Please make a fix on this HTML file: add enough blank lines
    at end so a link pointing to ...#4D would actualy position the browser at 4D.
    (Note: Henry has already been through that sort of fixup on his pages.)

    Note for everyone: we had what I think was a very good meeting at NIH this
    morning -- including Werner Schaer, Pat Lincoln, an Mike Tracy (of SRI).

    Meeting tomorrow morning at DARPA with Werner Schaer and Pat Lincoln. Then in
    the evning a reception that Werner's Software Productivity Consortium is
    hosting for tha Medal thing The rsvp'd attendee list has many old friends on
    it -- and it should be both an enjoyable event and a chance for good
    promotional contacts.

    Wish you all could attend. (Turns out that Jack Park and Ken Holman, both in
    town for a conference, will be there.)

    Appreciatively, Doug

    eLerts