Re: [unrev-II] Is "bootstrapping" part of the problem?

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 18:51:35 PST

    Well, I'd love to reply to parts of this. I switched my mail
    client to use HTML editing so I could do so. But:
      * There are are ton of yellow tags in the included text.
      * I can't find any way to intersperse my replies
      * When I tried CTRL+NL to see if I could create an
         out-dented reply, the whole message disappeared.
         It may have been sent. Dunno. It certainly didn't get
         saved.

    I'll just say that the points about the anti-intuitive properties
    about complex systems are 100% correct. (See my note
    on feeding starving populations, for an example.)

    It reminds of one of my very early posts, where I postulated
    a long-range goal of being able to present and compare
    *models* in a DKR. Even got a model-construction kit started,
    though I've never found time to write up the notes.

    However, short of constructing, sharing, and comparing models,
    there is a lot to be said for a system that helps us organize
    a conversation like this one, keep track of the threads, and
    identify which arguments have been countered, which haven't,
    and perhaps even provide some rudimentary rating of the
    arguments in agree/disagree form.

      [Click Here!]

    Click here for more details: