[unrev-II] links vs. query

From: Jack Park (jackpark@verticalnet.com)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 12:01:49 PST

    http://inanna.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cohse/discuss/000504_Links_Vs_Queries_Paper/
    <http://inanna.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cohse/discuss/000504_Links_Vs_Queries_Paper/>

    "In building a conceptual open hypermedia system it has become an issue of
    top priority that we understand the spectrum of activities that occur under
    the names "linking", "searching", "addressing", "querying", "navigation" and
    "browsing". This document attempts to define the scope and role of these
    activities for readers and writers of Web hypertext and concludes that
    searching is simply navigating in a content domain. "

    I found this link while browsing from the following link supplied by Mary
    Keeler to her PORT list.

    http://www.diffuse.org/S-Web.html <http://www.diffuse.org/S-Web.html>

    This is a link to a semantic web workshop. At that site, I scrolled down to
    a link to a project about
    a Conceptual Open Hypermedia (COHSE) project:
    http://inanna.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cohse/ <http://inanna.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cohse/>

    This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
    contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
    the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
    If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
    of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
    immediately.

    eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
    Click here for more details