Re: [unrev-II] massive storage technology

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 17:45:55 PST

    Jack Park wrote:

    > http://slashdot.org/articles/01/02/13/0240254.shtml
    > <http://slashdot.org/articles/01/02/13/0240254.shtml>
    >
    > ""Scientists from Keele University, in England, have suceeded creating
    > system that enables up to 10.8 terabytes of data to be stored in an
    > area the
    > size of a credit card, with no conventionally moving parts. This along
    > with
    > 3 other forms of memory which could revolutionize

    It raises my skeptical hairs. Here's the first few comments
    at Slashdot:

      "It makes you wonder why they don't just title the damn
        story "vaporware"?

      "This article is pure crap. Professor soggybottoms invents
       ten fabulous new technologies that will instantaneously
       revolutionize the entire computer industry, all while
       fixing himself a ham sandwich... film at eleven...
       friends don't let friends listen to trance

       "Looks like its just another company with greatly
        inflated figures trying to get investors..."

    eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
    Click here for more details