RE: [unrev-II] Peer to Peer and Email...

From: J. Scott Johnson (sjohnson@fuzzygroup.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 16:14:54 PST

    Some excellent points.

    I'd like to make a couple of other comments on Groove:

    * Very non-standard user interface -- difficult to learn and get productive
    with
    * A lot like notes -- Cool back end technology, strange, non-standard front
    end
    * Wants to re-define the world in terms of it as opposed to extending the
    way things currently are
    * A bizarre anti-browser/anti-java perspective. They seemingly believe that
    their fat client should be the only way to access groove technology as
    opposed to realizing that their value is in the back end, data store and
    transport. A bunch of other collaboration companies have made this error
    over time -- i.e. Notes (which released Domino with a full HTML client) and
    eRoom (originally fat client and now available via www.eroom.net).

    Scott