Re: [unrev-II] Lateral location in (PSIs) in Topic Maps

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 18:57:20 PST

    mattc@silcon.com wrote:

    > The discussion by Kathleen, Bernard, Jack Park, and others,
    > especially Kathleen regarding Dressage and Three-day Eventing...
    > The editor for "Equine" or "Sporting Events" should know enough
    > about "Three-Day Eventing" to incorporate cross--country, jumping and
    > dressage, the 3 events for those 3 days, and cross-link to those
    > events. (If outboard lateral position is used.)

    I think the more important point is that it is just difficult to
    impossible to come up with a totally correct ontology from the
    get-go. It must be capable of evolving over time, in response to
    expert input like the kind that Kathleen gave.

    Then, too, for any particular purpose, a *complete* ontology
    may well be overkill. So the system should be capable of evolving
    over time just to keep from having to do enormous up-front
    construction, just on the off-chance it might one day be needed.