RE: [unrev-II] Fwd: Fw: Re: [PORT-L] Goguen's Semiotic Morph isms

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 09:19:46 PDT

    TSC spawns a task: fillinNextEpisode on some Episode (in the beginning,
    initialConditions).
    Rules Fire,each constructing a task: publishNewEpisode
    TSC scans to see if the new episode matches (subset, superset, equal) any
    prior episode in the graph.
             If so, a loop is detected and the "backlink" to prior episode is
    now given to the found episode and the new episode is destroyed.
             If now, backlinking takes place and TSC spawns a new task to
    fillinNextEpisode on the new episode.
    At the same time, TSC also runs a different set of rules -- originally
    called CommonSenseRules (SenseRules for short) which look for stopping
    conditions, clean up other aspects of inferences and so forth.

    SenseRule firing offers the opportunity to do analogical explorations as
    well.

    Jack

    At 05:06 PM 4/3/2001 +0100, you wrote:
    > >When loops are detected, there will be more links to
    >priorEpisode and to mechanism (rule that fired). That's the really big
    >picture.
    >
    >Literally? As in, monitoring this provides the capacity for
    >abstraction/analogical reasoning?
    >Not sure if I made the leap to the big picture(?).
    >
    >atb,
    >Peter

    This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
    contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
    the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
    If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
    of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
    immediately.

    Do you have 128-bit SSL encryption server security?
    Get VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your
    Web Site for Business." Get it now!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/2cW4jC/c.WCAA/bT0EAA/IaAVlB/TM