RE: [unrev-II] Collaborative Discussion Tools

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 11:07:12 PDT

    Violent agreement, indeed!

    And, your comment that, given the fact that we don't know each other, we
    might well be thought of as just avatars for somebody else. But, and I have
    often wondered this myself, what if I did log in here as, say, Ted Kazinsky?
    Would I be treated any differently? (I suspect I would, particularly if my
    return address were faked to a penal institution). It's true that people
    often defer to those who are articulate, even when the articulate ones are
    wrong -- which, I often am )-:

    Analogizing to a book is a very good way to state the case. On that, I
    agree. But, I must inject that I do not see this list as anything other than
    fodder for somebody's book(s), so this list must reflect the collective
    stream of consciousness, no matter how chaotic it may be. And, others
    should be encouraged to step in and occasionally summarize threads, or write
    books.

    I think we're on to something here!

    For me, however, the problem remains. I am explicitly building an IBIS
    system into Nexist now. I remain excited to begin playing with it, though,
    now, a bit apprehensive about its power given the things I have learned from
    Jeff Conklin.

    Cheers, and happy holliday.
    Jack