[unrev-II] Fwd: ANN: XSLTunit

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 06:25:30 PDT

    >Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:33:00 +0200
    >From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
    >Subject: ANN: XSLTunit
    >To: "xml-dev@lists.xml.org" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
    >
    >I am happy to announce XSLTunit [1] 0.1, the alpha release of an open
    >source framework to do unit testing of XSLT templates ala Junit.
    >
    >The idea came to me following the wonderful XP (eXtreme Programming)
    >workshop by Robert Martin and James Grenning at SD West 2001 and was
    >encouraged by a discussion with Ron Jeffries after his presentation with
    >Chet Hendricksen about "test first programming".
    >
    >This should be considered as an alpha release, but having used XSLTunit
    >during the development of... XSLTunit, I can say that it has already
    >been quite helpful.
    >
    >XSLTunit is also something I needed to carry forward the development of
    >examplotron [2]: the examplotron compiler implemented as a XSLT
    >transformation needs a bit of refactoring that is scary to perform
    >without unit tests.
    >
    >There might be other links between these two projects that might seem
    >independent since it could be interesting to assert in a XSLT unit test
    >that a result tree fragment is a valid examplotron instance.
    >
    >One of my other purposes with this publication is to show that the XP
    >approach can be used to develop XSLT transformations.
    >
    >Enjoy,
    >
    >Eric van der Vlist
    >
    >[1] http://xsltunit.org/
    >[2] http://examplotron.org/
    >--
    >See you in Hong Kong for www10:
    > http://www.www10.org/program/w10-half-tut.shtml#ta5

    This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
    contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
    the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
    If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
    of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
    immediately.