[unrev-II] Re: BLOGs and KM

From: BBearden@BCL.net
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 07:12:32 PDT

    --- In unrev-II@y..., Jack Park <jackpark@t...> wrote:

    <snippage />

    > It's gonna be a while before I plow through the entire article and
    its
    > links, but, on first blush, I don't see all that much (yet) about
    > organizing all those stories into something coherent and
    > useful. Navigation, ontology, etc come to mind.

    My take on this is that "Navigation, ontology, etc" and "something
    coherent" fall more into the category of explicit knowledge. The
    article promotes BLOG'ing for tacit knowledge. The article goes into
    the difference between the two.

    And even for tacit knowledge, I think the BLOG author must
    consciously write "stories" containing knowledge the audience needs.
    Most personal BLOG's don't do anything like useful KM.

    <snippage />

    Become a member FREE at http://www.searchdatabase.com?Offer=yahoo5 today.
    Save time finding the best Database Development and
    Management information available on the Internet.
    Our targeted search engine and dedicated editorial staff "cut out the clutter" by aggregating the best links and the most relevant database news for you
    every day.
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/_w3RtC/rGiCAA/bT0EAA/IaAVlB/TM