Re: [unrev-II] TouchGraph 2

From: Alex Shapiro (alex@touchgraph.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 09:02:18 PDT

    Sweet.  So has your experience been that the TG code is easy to modify?  It's easy to add new interfaces (like double clicking to do something), right?

    An area where I haven't done much work, is to allow nodes to be painted in different ways.  I am glad that you are able to add different shapes, and colors.  What I would really appreciate though, would be if you could come up with some suggestions as to how to make the painting code more pluggable.

    Currently TGPanel, the main class, is responsible for drawing everything.  But it would be nice to set up a structure where nodes would do their own painting.  This would make it easier on developers, because then they could plug in new node types individually, rather then including a whole set of nodes.

    Well, that's just something to think about.  Meanwhile, I look forward to seeing any patches that you make, and of course the integrated versions of Nexist and the other topic map engine.

    --Alex