[unrev-II] Fwd:

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 08:16:48 PDT

    Soft computing deals with evolutionary and fuzzy computation. Here are the
    instructions to visit an on-line conference, perhaps a model of what Unrev
    folks should be doing.
    Jack

    >To: genetic-programming@cs.stanford.edu
    >Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:23:40 +0100
    >From: Bill LANGDON <W.Langdon@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
    >Sender: owner-genetic-programming@lists.Stanford.EDU
    >
    >Subject:WSC6 paper "Genetic Programming for Combining Neural Networks for
    >Drug Discovery"
    >--------
    >We have a paper on using GP to combine ANN classifiers and
    >demonstrating it on a Bioinformatics (P450 activity prdiction) problem.
    >
    >This is being presented now at the
    >6th Online World Conference on Soft Computing
    >

    >Steps:
    >
    >0. go to http://www.vision.fhg.de/wsc6/
    >1. Register (its free)
    >2. Enter Conference
    >3. Sessions
    >4. New Evolutionary Algorithms
    >5. Paper019
    >
    >Paper No. 019:
    > Genetic Programming for Combining Neural
    > Networks for Drug Discovery
    > W. B. Langdon, S. J. Barrett, B. F. Buxton
    > (paper) (presentation)
    > Abstract
    > We have previously shown on a range of benchmarks
    > [Langdon,2001] Genetic programming (GP) can
    > automatically fuse given classifers of diverse types to
    > produce a combined classifer whose Receiver
    > Operating Characteristics (ROC) are better than
    > [scott:1998:BMVC]'s "Maximum Realisable Receiver
    > Operating Characteristics" (MRROC). I.e. better than
    > their convex hull. Here our technique is used in a blind
    > trial where artifcial neural networks. are trained by
    > Clementine on P450 pharmaceutical data. Using just the
    > networks GP automatically evolves a composite
    > classifer.
    >
    >6. Checkout "presentation" (eg movie)
    >
    >7. "post" comments

    Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it Now!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/n7RbFC/zhwCAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM