Re: [unrev-II] Semantic Community Web Portal

From: Alex Shapiro (alex@touchgraph.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 20:25:57 PDT

    At 03:00 PM 9/13/01 -0700, you wrote:

    Alex Shapiro wrote:

    > The solution to this problem, is to only show a subset of the graph at
    > time.  So far, the only tool to do so is theBrain, and it only shows a
    > very
    > small window into the data.  There are much better ways.  Have you
    > checked
    > out this paper by the
    > way?  http://www.cs.vu.nl/~frankh/postscript/VSW01.pdf What to you
    > think?

    I haven't. Please summarize the central argument or theme, so I know why
    should take a look at it (or why I can afford to ignore it, as the case
    may be.)

    It's a short paper, with some good pictures, so you'll know right away if it's worth reading or not.
    The topic is "Ontology based Information Visualisation"

    What interests me is the visualization technique, rather then the fact that it's an ontology that being visualized.  The info about ontologies is pretty interesting however, and reads well.

    I've written another post prior to this one, but it did not seem to get delivered.  It included a picture from an associated tool.  If I see this email get posted before the previous one, I'll resend it.

    --Alex

    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Subscribe:    unrev-II-subscribe@onelist.com