Re: [unrev-II] EWall

From: Alex Shapiro (alex@touchgraph.com)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 11:57:44 PDT

    Thanks, these are interesting links.  I especially like figures 13, and 14 or this paper:
            TOPIC ISLANDS [TM] - A Wavelet-Based Text Visualization System  http://www.pnl.gov/infoviz/vis98paper.pdf
    which "show the interplay of theme map and the narrative".  This method of using arrows to show logical flow could be useful for graph-based discussions.

    Something that specifically interests me about ewall, however, is that it is not a post-hoc visualization.  Rather it relies on the users to organize the information themselves:

    A3. Diverse data formats
    What computation is necessary to allow decision-makers to directly operate with different types of static and dynamic data formats?
    EWall’s objective is to allow decision-makers to collect, organize and evaluate static and dynamic data types independent of its format.

    The 'decision-makers' are the ones that are organizing the data, not the software ( Or at least that's what I gather from the scant amount of information available )

    --Alex