[unrev-II] Fwd: CG: CfP: TIME-2002, Temporal Representation and Reasoning Symposium

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 10:15:05 PDT

    If we are ever going to manage human affairs with computer programs, and,
    at the same time, augment human capabilities, then we will need to come to
    grips with temporal representation and reasoning.

    Jack

    >From: Enrico Franconi <franconi@cs.man.ac.uk>
    >Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:41:02 +0100
    >To: Enrico Franconi <franconi@acm.org>
    >Subject: CG: CfP: TIME-2002, Temporal Representation and Reasoning Symposium
    >Sender: owner-cg@cs.uah.edu

    > First Call For Paper
    >
    > 9th International Symposium on
    > TEMPORAL REPRESENTATION AND REASONING
    > (TIME-2002)
    >
    > http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/img/TIME-2002/
    >
    > Manchester, UK
    > 7-9 July, 2002
    >
    >The purpose of this symposium is to bring together active researchers
    >from distinct research areas involving representation of, or reasoning
    >with, time. As with previous meetings in this respected series, one
    >of the main goals of this symposium will be to bridge the gap between
    >theoretical and applied research in temporal representation and
    >reasoning. Thus, we especially encourage submissions concerning
    >temporal aspects within areas such as Artificial Intelligence,
    >Temporal/Spatial Databases and Applications of Temporal Logic in
    >Computer Science in order to achieve a multi-disciplinary perspective
    >on the topic and to benefit from cross-fertilisation of ideas.
    >
    >There are three tracks in the symposium with separate program
    >committees, all overseen by the program chairs. The symposium is
    >planned as a three-day event, and will be organised as a combination
    >of technical paper presentations, an extended poster session, one or
    >more panels, an industrial session, a system/tool demonstration
    >session, and three keynote talks.
    >
    >Submission of high quality papers describing mature results or
    >on-going work are welcome. Submitted papers should describe original,
    >previously unpublished, research, should be written in English, and
    >should not be simultaneously submitted for publication elsewhere.
    >Topics of interest within the scope of each track include, but are not
    >restricted to:
    >
    >Track1: Temporal Representation and Reasoning in AI
    >- temporal aspects of agent-based systems
    >- temporal constraint reasoning
    >- reasoning about actions and change
    >- temporal languages for planning
    >- temporal languages and architectures
    >- ontologies of time
    >- expressive power versus tractability
    >- belief and uncertainty in temporal knowledge
    >- temporal learning and discovery
    >- time and nonmonotonism
    >- time in problem solving (e.g. diagnosis, scheduling,...)
    >- time in human-machine interaction
    >
    >Track 2: Time Management in Databases
    >- temporal data models
    >- temporal database design
    >- temporal query languages
    >- indexing of temporal data
    >- temporal database systems
    >- spatio-temporal databases
    >- constraint databases
    >- temporal data mining
    >- time in multimedia databases
    >- time in web applications
    >- time in federated and heterogeneous systems

> [...]

    Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM