[unrev-II] Web-based IBIS

From: albert.m.selvin@verizon.com
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 14:40:16 PST

    Just took a look at Eugene Eric Kim's web IBIS interface (an example at
        http://www.eekim.com/ohs/lc/dialogmaps/ohs-lc.html#nid4001 ).

    The Mifflin tool currently creates graphical IBIS HTML maps as an export
    function. It adds some metadata and transclusions ('containing views'), as
    well as icons, to what the above example shows, as well as some other
    features. It could easily be adapted to contain 'purple numbers' as well.

    I bring this up here because we are very interested in gluing such exports
    into existing 'live' web-based systems that would allow IBIS discussions
    originally generated in a f2f session, as most Mifflin/Compendium maps are,
    to continue in an on-line format (and vice versa -- gluing web-based
    discussions into the Mifflin f2f format).

    Is this system a possibility? Any others come to mind?

    Thanks,

    Al