Re: [unrev-II] RE: MG Taylor

From: Jack Park (jackpark@verticalnet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 07:10:14 PST

    From: "Jack Park" <jackpark@verticalnet.com>

    John,
    Actually, Magister Ludi is the subtitle of Hesse's book The Glass Bead Game.
    A Magister Ludi, if I understand Hesse at all, is a Bead Master, the game
    master. MG Taylor appears to have taken that concept to its modern
    implementation, complete with a batch of glyphs to satisfy the original
    intent of the game. Others on the web have just put together hyperlinked
    text-based discussions, usually with someone acting as a director, or
    Magister Ludi. Sorry for the confusion.

    My original thinking was that something along that line would (could?) serve
    this discussion group well. The downside is always that themes are
    determined by the game master and that carries with it many of the usual
    consequences of peer review.

    Jack Park