Re: [unrev-II] Executive initiative (Was: Survey 7,under the showerand over drinks)

From: Henry van Eyken (vaneyken@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 03:21:00 PST

    From: Henry van Eyken <vaneyken@sympatico.ca>

    Unfortunately, you are right in that one way of coping with problems is to look the
    other way. And, frankly, just speaking for myself, when I imagine the skills
    required to do the thing you do just as a spare-time contribution to society
    (giving time and energy to Gimp, Gphoto, Gnome, OpenVerse, and
    PageCast, and hosting a Boy Scout troop's web site, toycamera.org and NewBug.org.)
    then I flap.

    I guess what bootstrapping is about is utilizing every last bit of every last
    resource to optimize feedback for mankind's improvement processes.

    H.

    Jon Winters wrote:

    > I can only speak about the older executives that I have come into
    > contact with. They have been, for the most part, good managers but they
    > have long since stopped 'keeping up with' technology. The folks I have
    > been working continually resist change and are only just now warming up
    > to the idea of using the world wide web.

    etc.

    PERFORM CPR ON YOUR APR!
    Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as
    Apply NOW!