Re: [unrev-II] Lifestreams

From: Jeff Miller (jeffm@dynamite.com.au)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 15:58:56 PDT

    On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 08:45:49AM -0700, Jack Park wrote:
    > I actually have a great time roaming the welchco web site, but I
    > occasionaly have fits of discomfort with some of what I see. I suspect
    > that this discomfort provokes early comments I have on the
    > stream-of-consciousness (highly linked, mind you) that I see there.
    >
    > What I see is Rod's opinions mixed with links to other opinions, linked
    >ultimately to original sources. My discomfort arises when I see the
    >copy-sent citations. IMO, these are not germain to the thread at hand,
    >and in some cases, are personal and need not be displayed on the web.

    Welcome to the mess of another's mind. Perhaps, this issue of what the
    world should see should be addressed at the node level by access rights.
    Say,

     access = public
    or
     access = private(list of user/groups/ domains)

     eg. access = private(bootstrap.org, me@example.com)

    This would create holes in documents in some cases, but this happens now
    any way. Consider how many public documents reference decisions made in
    internal documents or getting copies of government documents under the
    freedom of information act in which whole sections of the document are
    stuck with black ink.

    Jeff.

    LOW RATE, NO WAIT!
    Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Get rates
    as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.
    Learn more at: