Re: [unrev-II] Use Case...Competing Reductions

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 17:05:07 PDT

    Once we allow for summary versions that replace the original
    version, we have to allow for the existence of multiple
    summaries (competing versions) and figure out what to do with
    them.

    One way around the issue is to restrict summarizing to the
    original author. But as soon as we open the doors to a second
    author, we need to establish change-control mechanisms (very
    complex) or allow the competing versions to exist side-by-side,
    so that they may themselves be summarized.