Re: [unrev-II] Towards an Atomic Data Structure

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 22:17:29 PDT

    Rod Welch wrote:

    > It would be helpful to see a mock up and/or scenario of how this
    > capability would be used to perform daily work, like write some code,
    > conduct a meeting, make a phone call, read a book, design a computer
    > chip, fix the car, go to the dentist, the normal activity people use
    > "intelligence" to support in generating knowledge about the world that
    > might be useful in a repository.

    That's the purpose of the use cases, our top priority at the moment.

    > There has been consideration for the DKR team to create a tool to help
    > software engineering. The things you describe today seem like they
    > might be useful for that task, but also help other tasks, as well.
    > Does this suggest that augmenting "intelligence", which you mention
    > elsewhere, provides an underlying capability that can help everyone do
    > almost anything a little better?

    Yes. We're focusing on improving "natural language interactions", at
    least those taking place in context of a deliberation. As such, the end
    result is liable to be useful for a wide variety of pursuits. The
    immediate goal, though, is to make *SURE* it is a totally awesome,
    undeniable useful tool for software engineering -- so much so that it
    becomes impossible to see how you could work without it...

    Good friends, school spirit, hair-dos you'd like to forget.
    Classmates.com has them all. And with 4.4 million alumni already
    registered, there's a good chance you'll find your friends here: