[unrev-II] Revised Agenda

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 21:20:26 PDT

    Presentations
    -------------
    These are the presentations we currently have on the calendar.
      * Werner Schaer, Software Productivity Consortium
        (next meeting)
      * Doug Engelbart: Augment
        (whenever ready)

    Topics
    ------
    This is the prioritized list of topics we generated as a result of email
    participation.

    1) The WBI vector
       --Jack/Adam: Experiences with WBI and Weblets
       --Jack: An architectural proposal based on experience
         with WBI
       --Doug: Anything to add?

    2) Building the "Narrative"
       A verbal picture that clearly presents what the system is,
       what it does, and gives a view of how it works.

    3) Evaluations of "Starter Technologies"
       These are the early collaboration tools we may well want
       to employ as we go about designing the next generation
       system. We could build a starter system ourselves, but it
       might make sense to use an existing tool for that purpose.
       [Note: We need to get on to item 3 fast, for Doug's use
        in Washington, so we may wind up dividing up the list
        for evaluations in one meeting, then farming out the
        highly-evaluated possibilities for evaluation by someone
        else. So this item should be a fairly quick "report/
        assign activity.]

    4) Use Case Scenarios
       Still very high level. What the people using the system
       are going to be doing, how it is going to help them.
       Doug is going to Washington in a month. This exercise
       will help bring into focus the concrete benefits the
       system will provide. (Since people can readily visualize
       concrete benefits, this activity should help with the
       funding effort.)

    5) Technology Roadmap
       A development plan that shows what we intend to build long
       term and the release stages we plan to go through to get
       there.

    6) Licensing and Business Model
       How we are going to do things in a way that makes the
       results available to humanity, yet provides the income
       necessary to ensure continued development and
       concept-marketing (to achieve widespread adoption of
       interoperating collaboration technologies provided by a
       large number of vendors, with the ultimate goal of
       augmenting (collaborative) human intelligence on the
       shortest possible time scale.

    7) Data Structures
       Identifying the "atomic" structure (or structures) that can
       be strung together to build the system.

    8) Encodings & Protocols
       How the structures are stored, accessed, and moved around.

    You set the price on thousands of products. Computers, electronics,
    art, home appliances and more. Visit uBid today!