[unrev-II] Relational thinking and improvement

From: Jack Park (jackpark@verticalnet.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 09:21:43 PDT

    I have, for more than a dozen years, been evolving a theory with which I could construct a program I call The Scholar's Companion (TSC). TSC was always intended to be an IQ-enhancement tool. I have been sold on the notion of "apparent IQ" -- that of the combined efforts of a human and a computer working together to solve some problem, learn something new.

    Along the way, I became acquainted with the work of N. Raschevsky, and R. Rosen. Rosen took Raschevsky's Relational Biology to its current incarnation complete with a mathematics founded in Category Theory. Of course, I have been studying just what it would take to incorporate this thinking in TSC.

    Today, I stumbled upon a web site (http://www.edge.org), and a talk by Sherry Turkle, "A new kind of object: From Rorschach to Relationship." I am beginning to view the OHS/DKR, and TSC, from a viewpoint articulated in this paper. I'll be interested in the comments of others with respect to her views.

    Jack