Re: [unrev-II] Re: Towards an atomic data structure (Something happened on the way to the forum)

From: Henry van Eyken (vaneyken@sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 03:51:24 PDT

    Eric Armstrong wrote:

    > But refresh my memory, so to speak:
    > What is its relevance to an atomic data structure?

    Eric:

    Actually, I was responding to Gil's quoting Weick ("How can I know what
    I think until I hear what I say?" ). Now, I would have done so privately
    were it not that I sense that some outdated or overturned psychology and
    linguistics may have crept into our debates. To be honest, I have not
    been able to keep up with all the posts and thereby risk shooting from
    the hip.

    I am just rather desparately trying to do my part of the job (the site,
    the transcripts) while continually trying to keep up with things (and
    try to verify when that seems called for) . One thing that somehow
    needs doing is to provide some sort of "mental access" into the debate
    for newcomers and those who have lost their way. This may well become a
    problem for users of DKRs and hence a design problem to be tackled as
    well (if you haven't already given this thought).

    On a more personal note, I regret the way I first posted in the "Atomic
    structure thread." I should have allowed myself more time to read the
    a rock and a hard place for my life - what with family concerns, etc, -
    hardly permits me to be always careful. To be sure, I am a tremendous
    admirer of your talent and knowledge, and of that of others, and I
    certainly do not wish to throw superfluous verbage around. Judgment can
    be so chancey.

    Please accept my apologies if I sometimes go off the beam.

    Henry

    P.S. This message was mailed yesterday and returned because "Connection
    timed out with mx3.egroups.com." Kind of puts things out of sync.