[unrev-II] Re: Fellowship/Media Event & Reception to Celebrate Doug Engelbart's National Medal of Technology Award

Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 23:34:21 PST

• Next message: scann@prodigy.net: "[unrev-II] Re: Alliance and Partners"

Curt/Alice : Thank you very much, SRI, for hosting the event.

ALL : Dec. 20, 2000 is the date! We are starting to work on the details
    now. Looking towards e-mailing out the invitations some time next week But,
    please mark you calendars first. We hope you can all join us in celebrating
    this wonderful occasion with Doug!

... more on this to come.

Regards,
    PPY

--

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alice Resnick" <alice.resnick@sri.com> To: "Doug Engelbart" <DOUG@BOOTSTRAP.ORG>; "Peter Yim" <yimpp@cim-oem.com>; "Nicholas Carroll" <ncarroll@inreach.com>; "Phil Gomes" <phil_gomes@p2pr.com>; "Ingrid Noone" <ingrid.noone@sri.com>; "Judith E Jaciow" <judith.jaciow@sri.com>; "Coppernoll, Mary" <coppernoll@bootstrap.org> Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 1:09 PM Subject: SRI-Hosted Reception

> December 20th is the only date when things converge: the star of the > show is available, the SRI International Building exhibit hall is > available, and Curt Carlson can attend. Having the event in December > also captures the momentum of the month and provides an appropriate > holiday ambiance for a party rather than a formal event. Being so close > to the holidays may cut down on attendance of the invited guests and the > press, but I recommend we go forward. > > Regarding next steps: > > If this date doesn't work for some reason, please let me know right away > (but that puts us into January). > > I suggest we hold the party from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. > > As previously agreed, SRI will host and cater the event.

... [snip] ...

> I am sure there are myriad other details; I just wanted to get us > started since we have 15 business days between now and 12/20. The > sooner people are invited the better. (And I'm hoping that an email > invitation will be sufficient.) > > This will be fun! Have a wonderful time in DC, Doug! > > Alice >

-------------------------- eGroups Sponsor -------------------------~-~> eLerts It's Easy. It's Fun. Best of All, it's Free! http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/444287/_/975656889/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------_->

Community email addresses: Post message: unrev-II@onelist.com Subscribe: unrev-II-subscribe@onelist.com Unsubscribe: unrev-II-unsubscribe@onelist.com List owner: unrev-II-owner@onelist.com

Shortcut URL to this page: http://www.onelist.com/community/unrev-II

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Thu Nov 30 2000 - 23:58:41 PST