Re: [unrev-II] OHS Overview

From: Henry van Eyken (vaneyken@sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 19:57:12 PST

    Agreed, Eric. Having worked with them for months now, I am awre of some
    weaknesses that need to be resolved.

    On the subject of iconizing, an interesting way of doing things is found in
    Frode Hegland's "OHS Overview":
    http://www.liquid.org/ohs_overview/
    There you have a document's elements covertly identified by a terminal
    underscore.

    Myself, I wonder if it is possible to have an optional hyperlink entered in
    the markup language, one that is invisible (i.e. takes the color of the
    background), but is rendered visible by strike-over. Not only would the
    links drop out of sight, but you eliminate the high desirability they be
    sequential.That would also eliminate the need for consistent usage of a
    numbering system among various writers of pages.

    At any rate, right now, by their full application throughout all sorts of
    pages found in a website, we ate least get some experience in their strength
    and weaknesses. Eventually, we should be bootstrapping our way out to a
    bettter way of doing things.

    Henry

    eLerts