Re: [unrev-II] Global Brain conference

From: Jack Park (jackpark@verticalnet.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 13:59:22 PST

    Cliff Joslyn? He's the fellow from Los Alamos Labs who graced an SRI
    meeting with slides about knowledge representation. Those slides can be
    found at his web site: http://www.c3.lanl.gov/~joslyn/
    Cliff will likely play some role in the development of the knowledge engine
    for OHS.

    Guilty? Isn't everybody guilty until proven otherwise?

    From: Henry van Eyken <vaneyken@sympatico.ca>

    > Fascinating, Jack. Jung brought down to earth. We need have an advanced
    pilot
    > outpost right there to view, evaluate, digest, and report back to our own
    > "bootstrapping bailiwick" of the great social organism.
    >
    > Anybody reading this with any practical suggestion about achieving that?
    How can
    > we remain stimulated to take cognizance of more and more while personal
    time is
    > under siege? It looks like the Global Brain group is well aware of that
    problem
    > and trying to cope with it.
    >
    > Why did you singleout the name Cliff Joslyn? Should we know him?
    >
    > Henry
    >
    > P.S. (minor side issue) As a onetime reader of Teilhard de Chardin's
    "Phenomenon
    > of Man," and admirer of the translators proze, I was later chargrined to
    learn
    > about some unsavory association with the Piltdown Man. Anybody remember
    the
    > verdict of history on that? Guilty or not guilty?

    This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
    contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
    the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
    If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
    of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
    immediately.

    eGroups eLerts