Re: [unrev-II] Is "bootstrapping" part of the problem?

From: Jack Park (jackpark@verticalnet.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 12:08:11 PST

    My wife's web site (http://www.internationalstafford.com) is a member of a
    webcircle she created using www.webring.org.
    webring.org now vectors you to http://dir.webring.yahoo.com/rw
    Go there for instructions on automating a web ring. Unfortunately, when a
    nice smallish web site gets bought out by the really big fish in the pond,
    clax est. At the yahoo site, I went to the section called
    investments-->software and got a web site that says this:
    "ALL ABOUT MY 86 IROC-Z, THE CHANGES I'VE MADE, AND WHAT I PLAN TO DO NEXT"
    I would really hate to think we get categorized into a group of sites like
    that. Anybody know of any webring management software out there that could
    be installed, say, at bootstrap.org?
    Google found this:
    http://www.tozer.demon.co.uk/webring/tech.html an html/javascript that runs
    a webring.

    Jack

    From: Henry van Eyken <vaneyken@sympatico.ca>

    http://www.interact.nsf.gov/cise/conferences.nsf/Pages/DF13365846765A5D85256
    > > 9A70060AA95

    <http://www.interact.nsf.gov/cise/conferences.nsf/Pages/DF13365846765A5D8525
    > > 69A70060AA95>
    > >
    > > May I suggest bootstrapping the development of OHS/DKR technology in
    context
    > > with Digital Earth (.geo) and Information-In-Place(s), along with
    testing
    > > knowledge management approaches by Cliff Joslyn's Global Brain, Jack
    Park's

    http://www.fleabyte.org/archives-one_world.html
    > > <http://www.fleabyte.org/archives-one_world.html> :

    > > The seventh day
    > >
    > > Why not spare, say once a week, a thought for the world at large? Why
    not
    > > periodically interrupt our immediate concerns to sacrifice a moment for
    the
    > > concerns of our larger community? Why not once in awhile look at the
    whole
    > > to better perceive our place in the larger scheme of things? &c
    > >
    > > You will find on our home page ( http://www.bootstrap.org
    > > <http://www.bootstrap.org> ) a greyed-out menu item called "context."
    It is