Re: [unrev-II] IBIS in XTM

From: Bernard Vatant (universimmedia@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 02:20:52 PST

    Jack

    Just one remark on your *fine* work :
    You take the viewpoint to consider claims and questions at the same level
    of "elemental" topics
    and then "discourse logical links" as associations. Makes sense.
    I would have rather consider a question as an association of claims, since
    the usual way of human conversation is to begin by setting answers, and
    afterwards maybe - too rarely indeed - build out of it the terms of the
    question.
    Shoot first, let survivors debate later - if any ;-)
    Your model is good when this point is reached. Maybe we need a previous
    level to build questions out of claims.
    Just an idea. Consider for example the famous Woody Allen quote (as I
    remember it, not sure of the very formulation)
     "God ... excellent answer ! ... but would you recall the question?"

    Cheers

    Bernard

    Bernard Vatant
    bernard@universimmedia.com