[unrev-II] SDF SIG Event: "Past, Present and Future of Open Source"

From: John J. Deneen (John.Deneen@InfoTelesys.com)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 18:24:38 PST

    Come join us for the first Quarterly Technology Event to hear industry
    founders and leaders discuss the "Past, Present and Future of Open
    Source".

    wednesday, february 21 2001, 6:30pm- 9:00pm

    Register now for this event or call 408.494.8378.

    The Quarterly Technology Series has been created for our extensive
    developer community. We are kicking off the series on the topic of Open
    Source to meet the numerous requests of our membership. We anticipate
    that Open Source will be a popular topic and may become our next new
    monthly SIG.

    Moderator
    Andrew Aitken, Olliance

    Panelists
    Andy Hertzfeld, CEO, Eazel
    John Terpstra, VP Engineering, Caldera Systems
    Bonnie Crater, CEO, Zelerate
    Danese Cooper, Director, Open Source Program Office, Sun Microsystems

    Five years ago the internet began to revolutionize technology,
    communications and the way we do business. Many foresee Open Source as
    the next wave of innovation. From the concept of free software, to
    collaboration, to the freedom to make technology choices,
    Open Source extends the internet revolution beyond its digital bounds.
    Come hear knowledgeable experts discuss the impact of Open Source, some
    of the key changes and contributions that are coming, and how you can
    best participate in this next wave.

    This evening will be the first opportunity to learn about the business
    and technical aspects of Open Source and network with your peers,
    industry leaders and other like-minded individuals. Plus, 20 of you will
    have 1-minute with the microphone to announce who you are and what you
    are looking for! All pre-registered members can elect to be included in
    a list of attendees that will be made available as a handout at the
    event.

    To be included in this list, please send your name and a 50-word (or
    less) description of who you are and what you're looking for to
    karen@sdforum.org by February 16.

    Event Logistics
    Agenda
    6:30-7:00pm Registration/Networking/Refreshments
    7:15–7:30pm Introduction of the Agenda and Speakers
    7:30–7:45pm "Why Open Source Technologies?"
    7:45–8:00pm "Making Open Source Software Easy to Use"
    8:00–8:15pm "Building an Open Source Company"
    8:15–8:30pm "Big Business and the Future of Open"
    8:30–8:45pm Open Forum & Concluding Remarks, Questions are encouraged
    from the audience

    Location
    Cubberly Theater
    4000 Middlefield