Re: [unrev-II] Fw: HTML, XML, and DocBook for beginners

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 19:01:26 PST

    Totally agree in principle. But XML editors are still a
    major limiting factor, as are the cost of SGML editors.

    I use HTML for everything at the moment, but I am
    champing at the bit to switch to XML. In addition to
    the XmlEditor paper at my site, I'm about to post
    another paper that includes even more interesting-
    and-unusual editing requirements.

    Some sort of extensible editing system is turning out
    to be a true necessity, rather than a luxury, if we
    are to make use of these technologies.