[unrev-II] SourceForge update?

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 07:32:01 PDT

    Or, maybe a heads up?
    http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=01/06/27/2019200&mode=nested

    "Today, OSDN's parent company, VA Linux Systems, Inc., announced that the
    company would be taking some significant restructuring steps. As part of
    that plan, the company is exiting the hardware business.
    However, as you and other loyal readers of OSDN know, OSDN's focus has
    always been on the services we provide to the Open Source community, and we
    do not expect any major changes to OSDN as a result of this restructuring.
    The community that is OSDN is a very important part of who we are. What
    does this mean for you? It means that that all of your favorite OSDN sites
    -- like Slashdot.org, SourceForge.net, freshmeat.net, Themes.org,
    Linux.com, NewsForge.com, Geocrawler and QuestionExchange will be operating
    as usual. Indeed, with more focused resources of the company available to
    OSDN, we are expecting more growth, more new features, and more of all
    that's made OSDN a success. I cannot emphasize this point enough: The
    community is very important to OSDN and is ingrained into our culture. We
    are here to serve the community, and we look forward to being here for a
    very long time, working with you. -- Richard French
    Senior Vice President & General Manager
    OSDN"