Re: [unrev-II] Dialog Mapping and email

From: Peter Jones (ppj@concept67.fsnet.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 10:53:42 PDT

    (just quickly, without having time to read through the articles Jack has
    pointed to...)

    www.uia.org is just overflowing with interesting stuff!

    take
    http://www.uia.org/uiademo/met/chingndx.htm
    It isn't really clear why they've done that until you go here
    http://www.uia.org/uiademo/met/houses.htm

    clicking on a link in the second one takes you back to a row in the first.
    If you then click on a link in a row you get the description for that row
    according to its column type.
    What's interesting is adding it all up gives you a purely *qualitative*
    meta-ontological descriptive hypernet on the subject of dialogues and their
    purposes.
    I wonder what would happen if you could take a given dialogue and subsume it
    under that hypernet statistically?
    Would it give you a way to measure motivations, biases and so forth?
    I suppose that might be its original purpose.

    cheers,
    Peter